Here are six ways to help you better manage your medicine(s).
- Make sure your doctor knows all the medications you’re taking and if you have any allergies.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking vitamins and/or herbal supplements.
- Read the label on each medication you are taking to learn the side effects and how to properly administer the medication.
- Have a routine for taking your medications. Consider using a weekly pill box to help you stay on track.
- If you have trouble opening your medications, talk to your pharmacist about bottles that are easier to open.
- Keep all your medications in a safe and secure place.