Stay at Your Peak!
1. Get moving. Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy body and brain. Try taking a walk with a friend, going to a zumba class or go on a bike ride to stay active.
2. Stay social! Take a class, volunteer, play games, see old friends and make new ones. Find new interests or try something that you’ve always wanted to do!
3. Add some spice to your life! Add herbs and spices to your meals if medications dull your taste buds. Seasoning can make a huge difference in how you enjoy your meals.
4. Stay balanced. Practice yoga or tai chi regularly to improve agility and prevent falls. Talk to your doctor about good stretches and exercises for you to do daily for balance.
5. Don’t forget! If you’re having a hard time remembering things or find yourself getting overwhelmed easily, do one task at a time. Don’t rush through activities and chores. Make lists, follow routines, slow down and organize.